Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Budgeting and other downfalls


So I have a list (previously shared) of things I want to do in the next year or so, nearly all of which take some degree of money. So in order to accomplish these things, I need to have a plan in place to to be able to come up with the cash-ola.

So I figured out what I want to do that will be expensive, how much money it will cost and how much I will need to save by various points to be able to do it. The good news is, I can do pretty much everything on my list without too much pain or saving. The bad news is that I do have to be pretty disciplined in my spending habits.

But with some proper saving, and assuming I don't lose my job before then, I can go to Paris for two weeks with my sister in April, go to LA for a couple days to see Craig Ferguson in the summer and then go to NYC for a week or so around my birthday, all of which would be super awesome. So it's no splurging or crazy shopping trips for me for a while. But traveling is what I love second best (after Aaron), so it's worth it. So hopefully next year I can do the City of Light, City that never Sleeps and City of Flowers and Sunshine in one AWESOME spring and summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment