Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday, tattoo and sailing

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. Saturday my family came to visit for my birthday. Robin and I got matching tattoos and then we went down to the waterfront for lunch and a walk around. Of course there was a sailboat down there, which just renewed my wishes to learn to sail. I got some sailboat earrings, which was the closest I could come to affording a real boat at that time.

My parents gave me a Barnes and Noble giftcard so I went downtown today to use it and ended up buying "Sailing for Dummies." A bit premature perhaps since I have never even been on a sailboat, but so it goes.

I've read five chapters so far, and am figuring out some of the sailing terms, and trying to remember what all the different ropes do. I'd love to take a sailing lesson and get to put my knowledge to the test, but that may have to wait a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment