Thursday, September 30, 2010

Anthony Kearns


I wanted to tell you about my favorite singer, actually my favorite musician all the way around. His name is Anthony Kearns and he is one of the founding members of The Irish Tenors, which originally included John McDermott and Ronan Tynan, and now is Anthony Kearns, Finbar Wright and Karl Scully. He is classically trained and sings traditional Irish music, opera and various other ballads all in a very classical style.

I've been a fan of his since I was about 9 years old when I saw the Irish Tenors sing on PBS for the first time. Since then I have been to two of his solo concerts in the US and am anxiously waiting to find out when he will be in the area next. I got to meet him once after the first concert that I went to of his, which was pretty much the thrill of the lifetime. He was very kind, very gracious with his adorable Irish accent. I highly recommend that anyone who has not heard him sing, get on YouTube and listen to a few of his songs. He has a voice that will just warm your heart. It is so rich and full and vibrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment