Friday, October 29, 2010

Eggnog

So after posting my last entry, I began to have an intense craving for eggnog.  The store is a ten minute walk away and I am still in my PJ's (it's a day off!) so I was trying to psych myself up to get dressed and walk to the store for some.  But then I had a thought: what if I just made my own eggnog?  So I turned to my good friend Google and within minutes I found a recipe for homemade eggnog.  We already had all the ingredients so I decided to have a go at making some. 

We don't have a blender, and it might be easier on your arm with one, but I put the ingredients into a bowl and began to whisk away.  It took less than ten minutes to make and I was a little apprehensive to take my first sip.  But it was delicious! I usually buy the extra thick kind at the store so this wasn't as thick as I'm used to (probably using cream instead of milk would do the trick) and of course the raw eggs carry the risk of salmonella.  But it's somewhat cheaper I think and very yummy! And of course I don't have to go to the store!

Find the recipe I used here.

No comments:

Post a Comment