Friday, October 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010


So it's official. The NaNo website has been cleared of all past years and relaunched. I have logged back in to my friendly AnnaKaris account which has happily wasted my precious time during November. I have trolled the forums and made a few posts of my own. I have talked my boyfriend's ear off about my novel, and I have come up with a sketchy, Swiss-cheese-resembling outline for my book. NaNo is officially only 23 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes and 9 seconds from beginning. (And yes, I have had a countdown on my desktop for about a month now.)


So as far as my noveling (I just ran spell check and they want me to change noveling to "novelising." Hmmm. I think I'm going to stick with noveling) plot goes, I have A. I have Z. I probably have about B through G or so, and then J, N, P, and X along the way, and now I have 23 days to find the other letters and get them worked in.


I did some research yesterday online and came up with some good specifics for my plot, mostly based around conspiracy theories and actual government cover ups of the 1950's. NaNoWriMo, here I come!


Also, on a side note, I don't think I've mentioned it but with in the NaNo world, there are regions. Each region can be as small as Seattle or as big as Austria and Germany. Either way, the regions compete for the most combined word count from all members of the region. This year Seattle will be defending their fifth title for highest word count, so we're pretty stoked and planning on totally nailing it this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment