Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book Review: My Dear I Wanted to Tell You

DETAILS: My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You by Louisa Young.  Copyright 2011. Historical Fiction.

SUMMERY: This book covers the lives of two very different couples in Europe during the first World War.

PROS: This book is one of the best, most unique and most satisfying war romance/dramas I've ever read.  Ms. Young captured perfectly what I imagine it would have been like to be in World War I.  The voice was very good, very period and the attitudes were perfect.

CONS: I have no complaints.

BOTTOM LINE: I loved this book.  However, a note for sensitive readers, this is probably an R-rated book for a few scenes, so beware if that bothers you.  Five stars out of five.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering whether you would be happy to put up a link in my monthly series called “Books You Love”. There is already quite a nice collection of books that can go on our reading lists. Here is the link Books You Loved July Edition

    ReplyDelete