Tuesday, November 16, 2010
NaNo and other writing projects update!
So right now I am at 35,195 words, with plans to add a few thousand more before the day is over. My characters escaped from jail and are now trying to figure out the next step in their plans. I still have almost half the month left, so at the rate I'm going, I'll be done in time to spend the rest of the month outlining my next book, which I think will be a sequal to Runaway Train, which I need to finish editing and begin submitting to agents.
So my current projects or soon-to-be projects are:
1. Runaway Train. Possibly young adult survival adventure romance which stands at 40,277 words and needs some more editing and adding before it is ready to submit to agents.
2. Finding Innisburg. Currently at 35,195 words, needs to be finished, edited and submitted to agents.
3. As yet unnamed short story. Probably will be an Old West rendition of Much Ado about Nothing, with no comic spoofiness to it and delving deeply into the characters of the original Shakespeare.
4. As yet unnamed sequals to Runaway Train. Before I started, I planned a whole trilogy so I have rough outlines for two more books.
5. Unnamed screenplay. Probably about a girl who embezzles a bunch of money from her work with no forethought and runs away to Guatemala just because she felt impulsive. Will be writing that for Script Frenzy in April.
So that's what I'll be working on for probably another year or so. Hows your life?