Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Book Review: The Happiness Project

DETAILS: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Copyright 2009. Memoir/self-help

SUMMARY: New York City writer Gretchen Rubin undertakes a one-year project to make herself happier.

PROS: This is a wonderful book and I enjoyed it very much.  Ms. Rubin is charmingly self-depreciating and funny and her book is helpful and enjoyable.  I especially enjoyed her "Secrets of Adulthood," a list of lessons she has learned as she has gotten older.   She includes comments from her blog on the subject which were interesting in that they showed other people's perspectives on the issues.  I often found myself saying, "Oh, I know exactly what she means by that!" which is something I enjoy when I read books like this.

CONS: None.

BOTTOM LINE: This book is practical and funny and reminiscent of the Dalai Lama's The Art of Happiness and Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love.  Five stars out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment