Sunday, August 5, 2012

Book Reading/Signing with Aminta Arrington

So the lovely Aminta Arrington, author of Home is a Roof Over a Pig, was kind enough to comment on my review of her book this morning.  She provided a link to her website, which has the photos I was wishing I could see while reading.  While I was there, I absently wandered over to her page that listed appearances, and, lo and behold! she was appearing in Seattle, three blocks down the street from me, today! 

So of course I went down to the Elliott Bay Book Company and got to meet Ms. Arrington.  She was very kind, asked about my blog and chatted for a bit.  There were only about ten or fifteen people there and she read selections from the first chapter of the book and then opened the floor for questions.   While she was reading, she had a presentation of pictures of places she read about which was nice.  After taking questions, she signed books for everyone.

All in all it was great fun and it was very nice to be able to put a face and a voice to the "lady in the book."  With all the coincidences that led to me being there, it was certainly in the stars too!

And I just want, again, to recommend her book, which was superb and which I think everyone should read, if only for the purpose of better understanding our neighbors to the east. 

Here is the book on Goodreads and on Amazon as well as a link to Ms. Arrington's well-constructed website.

No comments:

Post a Comment